I would like to personally thank you for being a part of the PDX Motorcars family. As a family-owned PDX Motorcars, we know very well what family means. It means above all else, that the safety of our automotive family is our number one priority. Our customers and employees deserve nothing less than the best that we can offer in this regard. Accordingly, considering the current global COVID-19 health crisis, we have taken several steps to ensure the safety of our automotive family. First and foremost, we provide consistent communication to our team members to reiterate the absolute necessity of staying home if they are exhibiting any of the COVID-19 symptoms as identified by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We would likewise urge all consumers to stay home and self-isolate if they are experiencing any of these symptoms.
We view it as our shared responsibility to rely on facts, remain calm and take measured appropriate precautions as recommended by the CDC. We have asked our PDX Motorcars members to implement the following measures:
• Additional supplies of hand sanitizers wherever possible. Cleaning supplies and gloves have been distributed throughout our organization, as have protocols for their use.
• Additional measures are being taken by our daytime and nighttime cleaning crews to assure that our facilities are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
• All self-serve food and drink preparation is halted until further notice.
• The interior of each customer car will be wiped with disinfectant prior to being returned or offered to the customer.
• We always want to be polite and welcoming at PDX Motorcars, but we have asked our employees to refrain from shaking hands or hugging customers or each other. We have implemented other social distancing guidelines during this time.
• We have asked all employees to wash hands consistently during their shift and noted that such hand washing should occur with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
• We offer a totally online buying experience with home delivery for those customers not comfortable coming into the dealership.